A Confession, An Idea and A Plan

Last night I went to a Relief Society meeting where we learned about journals, family history, photography, and scrap booking. One of the sisters who taught mentioned that we need to find a method of recording life's events that works for us, and that a person can still get into heaven even if she doesn't scrapbook. What a relief! I have made a few scrap books - one for my high school years (as a young womens project), one for my college years, and one for my mission. (I put these together in the month or two after I came home from my mission, before I started working - when I didn't have much else to do.) I have put together about 20 pages since I got married, but that's it. For years my "scrap book" was my web site, but even that has been pushed to the side in recent years. As for journal writing, I have been a sporadic journal writer at best. I guess now the closest thing I have to a journal is this blog. And you can see how often I write here - not daily by a long shot, but more often than anything else. But it is a record of my thoughts and feelings, and I do record events that have occurred here.

Last night we each received a "journal bag" that contains a lot of slips of paper with questions on them - ideas for things to write about. (Besides the day to day current events, apparently.) So what I intend to do is write something every day (or at least every week day...) If I can't think of something current to write about, I'll pull a slip out of the bag and write about whatever the question is about. I'd really like to get into a habit of writing daily, and frequently I'm deterred by not having anything to write about, so we'll see where this gets me, and how long it lasts.

So, if you follow my blog, prepare for some more personal, more historic (like about my childhood) types of blogs. MaeLyn's Musings is about my thoughts - about the past, present and future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop