School Has Begun - Part 2

Two days into the school year... so far so good. Hannah got her schedule with Honors classes yesterday, seems to know her way around and doesn't appear to have any worries about anything. She has decided to learn to play the viola in her orchestra class.

Both John and Josh say they like their teachers. Other than that, they haven't offered much information about what they did at school, other than which Special (Music, Art or PE) they had.

Peter is still loving kindergarten, and unlike my other kids, he actually tells me about what he did! Yesterday, he began with, "When we got to school the teacher showed us where to put our back packs..." he told me they played "mud tag" in PE, and the teacher read Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See to them, and then he started drawing a picture about the story, but he didn't finish so he'll need to finish it tomorrow. I'm glad he is enjoying it and I hope his enthusiasm lasts throughout the school year.

Meanwhile, in parent land, Steven has been contemplating going back to school for his MBA, and in the thoughts that we will probably have to stay in our condo for the next few years while our money goes into his schooling, we have decided to fix it up so we can stand to be here that much longer. This week Steven began the process of scraping popcorn off the ceilings. We've also begun selecting colors to repaint the walls (they're still the same boring white that they were freshly painted when we moved in), and started window shopping for curtains and carpet (to replace the stained and worn out carpet that was brand new when we moved in). I'm excited to have the place fixed up, having wanted to do some of these things since we moved in seven years ago.

So, now that I'll have about three hours a day when my children are all in school, I'll be cleaning, organizing, washing walls, shopping, painting, and fixing up the house. I think I'll have plenty to keep me busy for a long time.

Comments

  1. Enjoy fixing up your home. It can be very satisfying making your home more clean and more like what you want. Good luck with the school thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the viola :) Good luck with the house and schooling! And I'm with you on some kids being more verbal than others on what is going on in their days at different ages...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop