Peter's Run-In With the Bees

Time: Saturday evening, around 7pm.

Place: Our neighborhood, a couple houses up the greenbelt. Exact location unknown.

What: Peter encountered some bees. Actually, I think they were wasps or yellow jackets. One way or another, he came home that evening crying loudly that he'd been stung, and even brought a couple passengers into the house with him, clinging to his shirt. He complained loudest about the sting on his finger and one on his head by his ear, but he also sported sting marks on his wrist, arm, back and next to his eye. While they hurt a lot, they didn't seem to swell up much that night.

The next morning, however, he was definitely swollen, making him look almost like he had a black eye at church. Peter thrived in the attention he received because of the eye. This morning, when the swelling in his eye and finger hadn't visibly decreased, I told him I needed to find something to give him to make the swelling go down. He replied, "No! I like my eye this way!" Apparently it doesn't hurt or bother him. I did, however, borrow some children's Benadryl from a friend (I didn't have any for children on hand.) and gave him some before taking him to school. Unfortunately his eye was still looking puffy and pink when I dropped him off a couple hours ago. I hope he tells his teacher he was stung by a bee, and that people don't think he's been beaten up!

Comments

  1. OucH!! Bee stings are painful, and must be really painful so close to his eye! Hope he feels better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022