Back-To-School Day/Night

Yesterday morning, Hannah and I walked to the high school for a mandatory freshman orientation meeting, and then filed through long lines to turn in papers, get her schedule, have her picture taken, have her vision and hearing checked and get her ID card. The entire process took about an hour and thirty eight minutes. Then we walked home again.

Last night the boys had their back-to school night, as well, and once again, I got to walk to the school, sit through an orientation meeting, find out schedules and teachers, visit those teachers and fill out paperwork, and finally walk home again.

The orientation meetings covered exciting topics like pick-up and drop-off procedures, dress codes, tardy policies, and school staff, most of which information was included in packets that were mailed to us a couple weeks ago.

I am looking forward to school starting again. I think that my kids will appreciate having regular schedules. I think having a reason to get dressed in the morning will be good for one, in particular, who has been choosing not to get dressed and eat breakfast until nearly lunchtime. A fresh start might encourage the kids to get back into the swing of doing their chores. Without kids around, I might decide to get off my lazy duff and do some of the things that need to be done around the house. Why is it so hard for me to get things done when my kids are having fun, watching movies and playing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop